banner

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

k

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

My hair at 17 months!!! What have I learned?


I can't believe it's been 17 months since my big chop. I just want to let you know that black hair does grow! LOL!! It does. I've learned a lot. I've learned less is more. I've learned protective styling is vital in retaining hair. Our natural hair loves water!!! It is the best moisturizer that we can expose our hair too!! I've also learned to learn what my hair wants from me..actually that is still a lesson I'm learning. I've also learned to accept what has been given to me and to work with what I have. The lesson of showing my hair proper TLC was the most rewarding lesson I've learned. I no longer do my hair when I'm frustrated or in a rush because I don't want to tug and pull at it and cause breakage. Anything, I mean anything, can break the hair if you don't handle the instrument properly! I brush my hair less as I feel like it is a little harsh on the hair. I only comb it while it is in a wet state and with a detangler applied. I could go on and on with the the lessons I've learned. They don't call this a journey for nothing. I love what God has given me and I'm proud to be a Supernatural!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails